Wednesday, December 7, 2016

15 Photos to Inspire You to Visit London, England

Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England

Eight years ago, when I was 15, I flew out of the country for the very first time. I also left on this week long journey without my parents and with a group of fellow students during my sophomore year of high school. I was so nervous about taking this journey on my own, and with others I hardly knew, but my trip to London was one of the most wonderful experiences I've ever had. Traveling to Europe for the first time and getting to visit London, England opened my eyes to the possibilities, thus beginning my desire to travel whenever possible.

I visited London during spring break in March, and it was definitely a lot chillier than this Texas girl was expecting! (But nothing I couldn't handle.) My group and I traveled with EF Tours, and it was a great experience to see historical sites in and around the city. Some of the awesome places we saw were the Windsor Castle, the Tower of London, Big Ben, Chelsea Stadium, and the London Eye. But, I have to say my absolute favorite destinations were Abbey Road and Stonehenge.

Visiting Abbey Road may not seem like much to most, but for this Beatles fanatic, it was a dream come true! It was an unplanned stop that thankfully my trip guardians organized. One other student and I had to wake up 3 hours before our tour bus arrived so we could quickly see the iconic street, and return in time to catch the bus to Oxford for the day. Unfortunately, our spontaneous trip took too long, and we missed the bus, but I regretted nothing. Walking on that street was so important to me, I wouldn't have traded those few moments for anything.

Seeing Abbey Road was definitely a dream come true, but Stonehenge was a fairy tale come true! Being there was another great memory that I will never forget. To get there, we took a bus ride outside of London into the beautiful countryside of Wiltshire where the prehistoric monument resides. Seeing all of the lush green hills surrounding one of the wonders of the world felt like an absolutely magical experience. The location was in such a serene spot, I never wanted to leave. I could just stare at that marvelous creation all day.

England holds a very special place in my heart, and I know I'll be back one of these days to create even more wonderful memories. Scroll down below to see some of my photos from my trip 8 years ago, to inspire you to travel to to London or the surrounding areas yourself!

Have you visited London, England before? What did you think?
Let me know in the comments below!



Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography Big Ben | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography London Eye | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Mind the Gap | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Roman Baths | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | London Bridge | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Stonehenge | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Stonehenge | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Abbey Road | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Visit London, England
Inspirational Travel Wanderlust Photography | Chelsea Stadium | Visit London, England


❀Riah



Subscribe

2 comments :

  1. I did go to London back in 2013, and I did a lot of the tourist things to do! My favorite though was going to Beachy Head and Avebury! I sadly missed Abbey Road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those places look amazing!! I'll definitely have to go back and visit those myself!
      ❀Riah

      Delete